I just wanted to write down a few stats on schools I just ran across having a Twitter debate.
- 70% of Americans are unhappy at work due to lack of engagement (source)
- Only 14% of SVS alumni were dissatisfied with work due to financial situation (source)
- 63% of public school students go on to college (2008) (source)
- 75% go on to college in MA (where SVS is located) (source)
- 63% go on to college in Framingham, MA (town where SVS is located) (source)
- 82% of SVS students go on to college (source)
SVS = Sudbury Valley School
I don’t think any of them are hugely persuasive stats for a lot of different reasons, but they are interesting.